Thursday, May 28, 2015

Blog 5/22





     Surprise: This week this the surprise was when we were playing flag football in P.E. I decided to go for defense, then later in the game I realized that I was better for defense. It was surprising because I usually would be good at defense since I am good at tag. This now tells me that you can now expect anything from your body.

     The article I am reading right now is about how catching some sleep can retrieve lost memories if you forgot them. They tested this with fruit flies (Who intend to forget things a lot). They found this out by letting them have some solid sleep time.

     Citation: Sanders, Laura. "Catching ZZZs May Retrieve Lost Memories." Student Science. Laura Sanders, 20 May 2015. Web. 29 May 2015.

   
  • How much did you know about the topic before you read the article? What do you now know about the topic that you did not know before?
     I didn't know that sleeping can help restore some lost memories for flies and it just might work with humans. And I never knew flies can lose memories too. I now know that flies can lose memories as well as humans.

     
  • Why did you choose this article?
     I chose this because I thought it looked cool with the picture of all the fruit flies just flying around. And I also thought that the title looked very interesting to me. So that is why I picked this article.

     
  • How does the information provided in this article affect the future?
     This can affect the future by if someone couldn't remember anything someone could just tell them to try and rest then they might get their memory back. Another way it can affect the future is by if many people can't remember their past then a group of doctors can just get them to rest then they get their memory back. So those are the two ways how it can affect the future. 

     
  • One question you have after reading the article. How would you go about answering that question.
      why did you test this with fruit flies? We did so because we want to see if forgetful flies could get their memory back. Then one of our scientists thought it might work for humans as well.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment