Friday, December 9, 2016

Project Blog Charity Fair 2016

Image Source: 
http://www.theanswertocancer.org/CRI/media/img/footer-cri-logo.png

Summary:
The CRI is a charity determined to find the cure to cancers like breast cancer and bladder cancer. If you were going to give this charity one dollar 85 cents go to research and the stuff they need to pay for and 15 cents go to overhead. This charity was also rated an A on charity watch which is a website that monitors charities and gives ratings to them ranging from As to Fs. This is a charity that raises a lot of money for research on finding cures to cancer.

Backward-Looking:
Have you done a similar kind of work in the past (earlier in the year or in a previous grade; in school or out of school)?
Yes I have done this in previous grade like in 5th and 6th grade. In all those years I have sold food to raise money for numerous charities. In 5th grade I sold popcorn and in 6th I sold rice krispies and this year I sold cookies to raise money for CRI. They are all the same thing just the rules, items sold and charities have changed through the years. But nevertheless the same project.

Inward-Looking:
What did/do you find frustrating about it?
Well the cost and profit was a mess and me and my partner were both confused on how to properly do it. There was also the problem with our price how we didn't have change for 50 cents if they payed 3 dollars. And sometimes people were not interested in food. But a lot of people thought the microwavable cookies didn't look too good so they went for shortbread. But those were the problems and stuff I found frustrating about.

Outward-Looking:
What the one thing you particularly want people to notice when they look at your work?
I want people to see all the hard work we put into it like the tri-fold. Most people just came by and asked about our prices and bought the cookies and walked off. Most people didn't recognize the hard work we put into our products and tri-fold and they walk off to buy some more items. I also put a lot of time and effort into a lot of cookies but most people just looked at them and walked off. So that is the one thing I want people to see when they look at our work.

Forward-Looking:
What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again?
I would like to change our product because by now I know food doesn't sell too well at the charity fair. Some people say they were trying to avoid food and some just didn't want it. I would like to change our product because I know other stuff like snow globes and slime sell well because people are actually interested in. So this is what I wish to change the next time we do this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment