Sunday, April 15, 2018

One Man Band Project Blog

Summary:
For all instruments to create different pitches their positions on how to make each sound must all be different. One example is a string instrument. With it, you have to adjust the tension to adjust the pitch of what it plays at. The more tension there is the higher pitch the string will play. This also applies to a slide instrument. The more you pull the slide out the lower the pitch will be.

Backward-Looking:
What problems did you encounter while you were working on this piece? How did you solve them?
The first problem I ran into was having a mouthpiece for my instrument. I solved this problem by going onto the internet and finding a way to make a kazoo out of a straw. The next problem I encountered was a way to make a slide in the very thick cardboard. This problem was solved by going home and using a hacksaw to cut through the cardboard to make a slide to change the pitch. 

Inward-Looking:
How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work? 
I liked most of the project since it was hands-on and we got to make our own instrument and play it in class. I mostly disliked the amount of noise that people emitted while in class. The noise levels were really high to the point where you couldn't even hear your own instrument. But other than the amount of noise people emitted I found the project pretty enjoyable and would like something like this again sometime. 

Outward-Looking:
What grade would you give it? Why?
I would give my instrument an A-. I would give it this grade because the instrument overall was good and could play more than 3 notes for percussion, wind, and string. But it was put together in a hurry as for string I made it carelessly so it snapped multiple times. And that part was taped together in a hurry which resulted in it falling off one time. But other than those two the rest of the instrument was fine and was built with enough time.

Forward-Looking:
As you look at this piece, what's one thing that you would like to try to improve upon?
One thing I would like to improve on next time is how I managed my time while working on this. Because I didn't do so very well I ended up rushing on the string part of my instrument. If I had done so then I would have plenty of time to work and it and go back if necessary. But other than that there is nothing else I wish to improve on next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment