Saturday, January 16, 2016

Weekly Blog 1/11/16 - 1/15/16

Image Source https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/The_River_Cam_from_the_Green_Dragon_Bridge.jpg

Summary
The mouth of a river is not the starting point of a river but the point where the river meets with a ocean, lake, etc. The source is the word for the starting place of a river not the mouth. A lake called an oxbow lake can be formed near a river and it looks like a n from one point of view if you look at it from a distance. Levees sound like a really hard word to understand about rivers but levees are really just piles of stuff like pebbles, dirt sand, etc. Finally if you see a bend in a lake don't call it a bend call it a meander because that is the science name for it.

SP2: Developing and using models
This week I looked at models and used them to show my answers for the river terms like levees, meander, oxbow lake, etc. This is SP2: Developing and using models because I used models to plant answers in my teacher's head so that she can understand how I think of it. I also used models in my head so I can try to understand how these words work in the real world or what they mean. This is SP2: Developing and using models because I used models in my head to understand the working of these words and systems.


No comments:

Post a Comment