Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Weekly Blog 03/13




     Surprise: The surprise this week was in science when we were going to science I was expecting to start a new project on something else. But instead we watched Bill Nye in class and took notes about it. It was surprising because we don't really watch Bill Nye in class. I learned from this is to expect anything in science.


     The article that I am looking at is about how hot peppers can help with pain. It shows that a group of scientists did a experiment to see the truth about how peppers can help out with pain busting. They say that the pain busting happens because the juice from the pepper turns off proteins that tell the brain that pain is happening.


     CitationSaey, Tina Hesman. "How Hot Peppers Can Soothe Pain." Student Science. Tina Hesnan Saey, 04 Mar. 2015. Web. 11 Mar. 2015.


     How much did you know about the topic before you read the article?
I didn't know that much because I didn't know that peppers and hot chilis can help with pain busting. But I do know about peppers of course. So that is all I have to say right now.


     
  • Why did you choose this article?
I chose this article because I thought about peppers. I thought that they hurt you more because of the hot and spicy juice in the peppers. So I never knew that peppers can do that.


     
  • How does the information provided in this article affect the future?
This could affect the future by if someone was stuck in the rainforest with a lot of peppers and then they knew about this info then they would be happy about this info. Another way this info can affect the future is by if someone important is in pain they can just do this and wait for a doctor. So those are ways this info can affect the future.


     
  • One question you have after reading the article. How would you go about answering that question.
Why did you research on this? We researched about this because we felt like it would be a important study and because we wanted to know the truth about it. So that is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment